Sunday, February 6, 2011

iWant: snakebyte™ Premium Bluetooth Remote


Okay, so this week’s iWant item is something that looks like it will cure one of my techno diseases… Toomanyremote-itis.  This disease affects many technophiles around the world, particularly those who use Sony’s Playstation 3 as a DVD/BlueRay/media hub like I do.  The problem is simple – most gadgets’ remotes use IR technology, but the PS3 uses Bluetooth.  That said, universal remotes like Logitech’s Harmony 880 can control just about everything in your home that uses IR…but not your Playstation 3. No matter what I’ve tried in the past I’ve always ended up with too many remotes, too many “power” buttons to press, and too many batteries to replace.  Other side effects of Toomanyremote-itis include having to provide an instruction manual entitled “How to watch a DVD” to anyone looking to do so in my home, including my wife.

Friends… I think the suffering is over.    More details after the break!!!


Snakebyte unveiled a new universal remote at CES in January that is compatible with BOTH IR and Bluetooth devices.  This means that when it hits the shelves in April, I’ll be able to use the snakebytePremium Bluetooth Remote to control all the gadgets in my AV setup with ONE remote control!  We’re talking remote control nirvana here, folks!  This piece of new tech goodness can control your PS3 and up to 5 other AV components…all for only $49.99 via www.snakebyte-usa.com and other e-tailers .  Here's the official press release.


Official Press Release

No comments:

Post a Comment